Re: PF gallery 04-10-10 disturbance

I'm a member of a site called Model Mayhem.  This site frequently has to draw the line between art and porn.  They have a very simple set of guidelines to determine and manage the Art/Porn debate as well as SFW vs NSFW.

This debate doesn't seem to be around if something is safe for work or not, but around the art vs porn direction (i.e. full frontal nudity).

Model Mayhem's guidlines are simple:  For females, no open vaginas.  For males, the penis has to be flacid. No insertions or implied sex acts.

Art is art and it is frequently best when it is controversial.  Art will offend some people and for many artists, pushing those limits are part of the artwork.

The photo in question falls as art under the Model Mayhem guidelines.  We are an international forum and the United States puritan visions of nudity being evil.

This is a perfectly fine photo for exhibition based on this history of the Photoforum gallery.

Rob