Re: Lea's site

On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 21:47:15 -0500, David Dyer-Bennet <dd-b@xxxxxxxx>
wrote/replied to:

>The secure javascript tricks are all very well, except that
>security-conscious people have javascript turned off, more and more
>people are browsing from mobile devices many of which don't support
>javascript, people can't put them in their address book for future
>reference, and so forth.

I don't have java turned off and I'm security conscious. Lord knows I've got
enough firewalls and defenders and I use Firefox as well. I can't imagine
surfing without java though. And I like the ability to auto insert a subject
line when someone clicks on my java E-Mail link. I include an image of my E-Mail
address in a few places so people can actually type it in if they don't see
Java. With the subject line auto inserted I can auto sort that mail too, a big
bonus when you've got an online business.

As for mobile devices, I've got plenty of replies from them using the java
E-Mail link, although these one line replies are getting annoying.

The problem with auto Spam controls is you could miss something important. I
can't afford that because I have a business. I do route some junk and delete
some but not that much. I'd really not want to deal with any more though, less
is better.

Take a look at any 'professional' webpage and you won't see any mailto links.

Keep it up there if you want, I'm just saying there are better alternatives.

--
Jim Davis, Owner, Eastern Beaver Company:
http://easternbeaver.com/ - Motorcycle Electrics