Re: Lea's site

After having built several sites by hand and struggling to keep up with the task of updating regularly to keep things fresh, yes, I can say that going to a templated site was a wonderful move for me.

Big Black Bag is inexpensive by comparison to my other hosting company and even moreso because I paid a couple of years up front.

The templates are endlessly customizable and doing so is super simple. Not sure what you mean by administration but the tools used to build the site are clear and well thought out. The customer service is wonderful.

Increased traffic? I don't monitor it but I can tell you that since updating my site I've gotten comments from visitors like they were coming out of the woodwork. That's unusual (for me) and very nice.

One thing to note, and I consider this a huge negative to Big Black Bag, you can not create an email link which would allow a client to send you an email simply by clicking on your email address. I worked around this limitation by creating a page with the mailto: command line. In my old site I had a slice on every page so clients could pop me an email no matter where they were on the site. My work-around works but it should be a built-in feature (or at least addressed in help documents) considering how much email is generated during a visit to a site and considering many people using a templated site wouldn't know how to set a command line...even though it's not difficult.

I had my site designed, created and running in a week. They give a very generous trial offer which can be extended if needed.

All in all, two very enthusiastic thumbs up for Big Black Bag.

Lea

your life is your canvas.
how will you paint it?