Re: Anybody have experience with Tamron?

In general Tamron are OK, their wide angles were not as up to snuff compared to Nikons though

BUT the 90mm Macro was a great lens

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 6:10 AM, Trevor Cunningham <trevor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have this lens and I've used it on my Nikon D200. It's not bad, and it's relatively quick for a zoom. But the first element becomes loose when jostled. I's a tad heavy for as small as it is and the 67 ring size costs a little bit more in the filter sector if you don't have that size already. I'd be curious to see if it performs any better or worse on a full-frame, but ever since I bought a 50mm Nikkor 1.4 AF and a 35mm Nikkor 2.8 antique, it's been collecting dust.

Bob wrote:
Does anyone have experience with Tamron lenses?  I am thinking about the SP 17-50 f/2.8  XR  Di II LD