Re: Lea's site

On 01-Apr-10 19:46, James B. Davis wrote:
On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 16:45:44 -0500, Lea Murphy<lea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote/replied
to:

Sorry for the delay in addressing this...been traveling and remodeling.

To do a mailto command on each page of your site it depends on what software you're using.

mailtos are used by spammers to harvest E-Mail on the web. I never use them on
my site. I use a free E-Mail secure javascript that works like a charm.

Well, they do sometimes; but the last time I tried and experiment, it took them a year and a half to even find it, and I never got much spam to that address.

In any case, one needs good anti-spam services for lots of reasons anyway, and once one has them, it doesn't much matter what spammers do. I've used my current email address continuously since 1999, and while I see some spam each day, I don't spend as much as a minute total each day dealing with it. It's visible in my domain registrations, some pages on my site show it (others use a script that uses a time-limited temporary address)

The secure javascript tricks are all very well, except that security-conscious people have javascript turned off, more and more people are browsing from mobile devices many of which don't support javascript, people can't put them in their address book for future reference, and so forth.

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info