Re: The death of photo industry - Was Pentax are seeing the light

David Dyer-Bennet wrote:

No, they wouldn't.  But isn't that the point?  They *wouldn't know*
that what they were seeing had been deliberately altered.  For many
articles the removal of a reflection wouldn't matter; probably for
*most* articles.  But the principle that newspapers shouldn't
knowingly distort reality seems fairly important to me, even if it
means they avoid doing harmless things sometimes.
It all boils down to integrity. The integrity of the PJ, the editor, and ultimately the newspaper as a whole. I agreed with the editor.

Well, I hope being dragged kicking and screaming into digital doesn't
ruin it for you.
The digital world has been my career since 1969 -- all software
development, I've done everything from business software to the web to
embedded software to software product development for several big
players (Digital Equipment Corporation in the 80s, and now Sun
Microsystems).  I still do programming and system management playing
for fun, along with software, myself.
So far it hasn't ruined it for me. I can't remember when I last used my EOS-3 and my wife keeps asking me when I will get the film out of the freezer. It took me a while to get used to using my 20D since I was comfortable with film. But I am becoming comfortabe with digital and maybe someday the freezer will stop being part of a "museum exhibit". ;-) I started in the system test area of IBM on the System 360/65 in 1966 and transferred to the field in 1969. Spent 25 years in the big mainframe arena until circumstances led me into the mid range arena, the RISC System/6000. The last few years I"ve been involved with AIX based systems up to and including the p5 series, Sun Microsystems, Cisco, Nortel, ATL, etc...... All break/fix hardware oriented.

Bob

--

                          /////
                         ( O O )