Re: neat gimmick I found on the web

> >Of course, if you have registered your image and find someone using
> >your shot you might make some money. But we don't have the
equivalent
> >over here.  It would be an uphil struggle and you would have to be
> >sure it was worth fighting.
>
> Registration is cheap, simple and needs to be done frequently.  And
> it does protect the holder of the copyright if the thief lives in a
> country with is a signator to the Berne Convention.

 Emily

The Berne convention mentions nothing about registration.  That's a US
beurocrazy thing.

By Berne my images are copyright the sec I take them yadda ...
Your registration goes over and above that does it not?  It places
"statutory damages" (or sommat to that effect) that mean you don't
have to prove loss etc ...

That is nothing to do with Berne.

Bob (not a lawyer) T

PS:  open an image in PS/Irfan/Whatever (or simply "right click in IE)
ans "save as PinchedPic.BMP" and whoosh ... no ITPC ...