Re: neat gimmick I found on the web

Y'know, Bob. I don't mind the downloading. It's when the images get used somewhere else when they've been taken without asking that gets me.

Had that with a blogger this week. Google search found the image on his blog and the upshot was that he put a link to my site on his blog. That's my idea of the right solution.

Of course, for commercial use that would hardly be enough, and if someone went forward with publication without my permission the IPTC info in the image that they took would reveal that they took it without asking.

But if they want to print one of my pix at 3x5 or something that's OK. And they really can't go much higher without getting a pretty crummy image.

I know.  I've done it.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx