Re: neat gimmick I found on the web - Still a hijacked thread.

> Running the program 'Jpegcleaner over the background image, I found
the
> following:
> "Processing Emily...Cleaned 1096 bytes
> Cleaned total of 1096 byte(s) in 0:00:00 seconds"

Karl

I don't have JpegCleaner but I have JStrip (and JpegWizard which does
the same and MUCH more).

So I go to the site.
Right Click/Save as
A) Fritha1.jpg   ---> I can see the IPTC info using Frhed
B) Fritha1.BMP---> No IPTC data - gone.  I didn't willingly remove it
(ergo I'm not culpable) the format does not support it.

In the Wizard ...

Frith1 ... a lovely image if I may say so.
Initial size : 33228 bytes
Stripped size: 5800 bytes
Visual difference in Internet Explorer: Zilch.  Not one single pixel
appears any different.
JStrip is tiny tiny bit more efficient: it reaches 5716 bytes) but
does not contain the embedded sting "Optimised by Pegasus Imaging
Corp, http://www.jpg.com";

(At least the background is better: 6745 --> 4159)

Actually: to be more scientific, I loaded both into PhotoSHop as two
layers and set the blend mode to difference.  *Not one single pixel IS
changed.*.

Heck: I'd put up the two side by side to prove it but I know what
Emily is like with copyright.  I read the disclaimer ... thinks ...
does that apply to the slide show or just the images INSIDE the site ?
:o)

Broadband or Dialup makes no difference. Waste is waste: bloat is
bloat.  If I move from 56K dialup to 256K (max, no contention)
Broadband - the fastest available in this village - having sites 6x as
big as they need to be is no help!

Anyway Emily.

I do like the site.
I'm just pleading for you to optimise the graphics to make it fast on
dialup and instantaneous on Broadband.

Bob