Re: neat gimmick I found on the web

> Do they MAKE monitors with such low res anymore?  Haven't heard of
any for
> about 5 years (except LCD's of course)

Karl

The issue is not that people have small monitors but that most don't
browse at full screen (unlike web designers).  If IE is in a window,
especially not a maximised one, then a "best on my own computer only"
site from someone with a 1024x768 LCD can look garbled garbage if the
user with an even bigger LCD screen is browsing with it windowed.

It's a certain arrogance that assumes everyone will see what you see
(and breaks the whole idea of HTML being a "Markup" language.).   At
workfor our intranet we have to design pages to be seen on all our
monitors, windowed or not, and also for accesibility - visually
impaired viewing BIG text.  It's not enough to apologise and say
tough.

It's sometimes very sobering to see your lovely page fall apart when
someone resizes the browser window - - or, cough, has various panels
such as history showing and eating up the theoretical max of 1024x768

Bob