Linux

Anyone in the Forum with serious experience of Linux and the Gimp? I'm not clear whether you can

1	colour manage profiles with the Gimp
2	load all vital drivers, e.g. for monitors and in particular
	printers (Epson R300)
3	and likewise scanners (Epson 4990 - an indulgence, probably not
	worth the extra money)
4	And is Linux that stable anyway?

Having got QImage and PS to print pretty well (my wife approves - though her name is not Greta MacBeth - and that counts!) I'm loath to fiddle, but I hate windows so much!

Howard