Re: Linux

Gimp does not support colour profiles, this is the main problem with it. For me this is ok, I only use it for pictures I put on the web (see some at http://photo.gountchev.net , all scanned from film and processed with the Gimp). I have heard Gimp-print http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/ is pretty good for Epson printers, but have no experience with it.
Linux is very stable indeed. I am a programmer and only use linux, but it does have some learning curve, it is not just point and click.
For scanning under Linux, there is Vuescan, http://hamrick.com , supports many scanners and has versions for Windows, Mac and Linux.

Sent from the Photo Forum forum at Nabble.com.