Re: Linux

4    And is Linux that stable anyway?

Having got QImage and PS to print pretty well (my wife approves - though her name is not Greta MacBeth - and that counts!) I'm loath to fiddle, but I hate windows so much!

Howard

Just try it out with some fresh version of, say, Knoppix distro. You can download these anywhere and burn Your own CD. These usually include GIMP among tons of other software.
If You like it You may install it permanently - either as Your only platform or include it into some multiple boot system. You may also consider Solaris 10, that is free and is said to support all Linux progs.

Peeter