Re: Be careful what you wish for!

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 10:37:57 +0800, karl shah-jenner
<shahjen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote/replied to:

>though curiosity is an emotion too :-)  There's also a degree of wonder
>evoked in the viewer

I've seen exhibitions by photographers with a name who sell prints all
the time. Images with incredible sharpness and detail. I've looked
closely at the images and yes, a degree of wonder is evoked. I am left
wondering why this guy is so famous and why anyone would want those
images. They may be sharp as hell full of detail but they aren't great
images. So maybe there is something to the high res selling images.

But if I can get an acceptable 10" by 15" print that's a great image,
technical details become less important. I mean if it looks good who
cares how many pixels it started out as?

--
Jim Davis, Nature Photography
http://jimdavis.oberro.com/