Re: Be careful what you wish for!

James writes:
> But what has that to do with the 'emotional appeal' of an image? I
> actually like a more 'artsy' look myself.

each to their own -  photography is many things to many people, and there
are so many diverse image techniques for all of us to apply and indulge in.
I do technical photos sometimes, artsy ones at other times, silly ones,
family snaps, medical images (got a few great pics of a listmember here
undergoing surgery !) - whatever takes my fancy really

though curiosity is an emotion too :-)  There's also a degree of wonder
evoked in the viewer

> Yes of course, but the amazing thing is the effect overall when you
> see the image on the wall. This is like a full frame 6 megapixel image
> blown up to over 30" by 45". That's a damned big print. I just wish
> there was a lab close by that could do a Lambda print for me of an
> image just to check it out! One day I'll send a CD into a big lab in
> Tokyo that does just that. Costs a bit though and then you have to
> have it mounted and framed. Maybe if I had a big living room it would
> be worth it as a centrepiece.

I'm still waitng for the elusive image that would warrant me spending the $
!

hehe

but then, I'm never satisfied with my images and push on for better all the
time.

onward and upward!