Re: Be careful what you wish for!

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 18:11:17 -0400, dave6134@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote/replied
to:

>> > You want resolution? Get into medium or large format.
>>

>>or technical pan - I never met a 4x5 100ASA film that could match the
>>resolution of 35mm technical pan.

>Indeed,  a Canon RT loaded with tech-pan, a 7mm lens,  and a seventeen foot
>enlarger pole are all that is necessary to handle any photographic situation.

Well, that might be one way...

What do you guys all do with your images? Do you print them, hang them
on the wall and check them with the loupe every day? Personally, I
enjoy looking at my 10" by 15" prints from a distance of at least a
few feet. And the one image I mentioned that's only 1000 pixels on the
long side looks every bit as good as it would if it were 10,000
pixels.

I would love to print a wall mural from a 10d image. Course it would
be for viewing from 8 feet or more...

--
Jim Davis, Nature Photography
http://jimdavis.oberro.com/