Be careful what you wish for!

Karl

Thanks for bringing Mr Rosen back to the list: it was quite a good parody.

First thing I noticed was the change in his ISP.

That said: it did liven up the list for a couple of days,. something we
could do with lately.

His sentiments (well, actually not his but his impostor's) are just as valid
today as they were when he left.

Leica is the only true way: the "gold" standard. Everything else, digital
included, are just chasing silver - or "the first of the losers" as they
say in athletics.

Digital resolution has not improved that much - what has changed is people's
expectation / tolerance of substandard resolution, and a growing acceptance
that what we want to look at is not real detail but a hyper-colourised over-sharpened
parody of the world.

We live in the TV age: look at a nature program on the TV then look out
the window.  Real life is all about muted colours: it's flat.  Traditional
film spent too long chasing accuracy - we don't want that.  We want spice!

Bob

Get Tiscali Broadband From £15:99
http://www.tiscali.co.uk/products/broadbandhome/