RE: How do you address this?

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 07:16:08 +0400, "K. Michael Rose"
<dilligaf@xxxxxxx> wrote/replied to:

>My reference to digital was that now many people think that it costs us
>nothing to create these images, as "uncle harry" can do... so why not
>just pop them onto a disc or send them via email.... it's a common
>misconception amongst people at events.

I would look at this as good advertising. Email them a low res image.
Possible customer gained.

>I realize the need for level-headed professionalism, but my question is
>more to how we as professionals can educate the masses...  from the
>helpful advice I've received, the answer seems we can not.  Just
>exchange business cards and tell them the images will either be on-line
>allowing them to chose what they wish to purchase or you'll contact them
>once the proofs are ready for their review, again, to allow their
>selection of which image they'd like to order.

I believe Pros have to get better images than amateurs, in order to
sell them. People who want better will want a Pro. People who think
Uncle Harry's photos are good enough don't obviously aren't customers.

Oh yes, the old business card webpage combo comes in. This is a
possible opportunity to get your webpage looked at by someone who
might otherwise not have ever seen it.

Just tell them, 'sure you can see a bunch of photos at the webpage on
this card, just pick and image and click on buy.

--
Jim Davis, Nature Photography
http://jimdavis.oberro.com/