Re: more digital musings

Bob Talbot <BobTalbot@st-abbs.fsnet.co.uk> wrote/replied to:

>(maybe) is to be able to record sequences of actions (to get from the
>source file to the result) rather than the pro

True, Photoshop actions could be saved, but you'd still have to find
and load the JPG, find and load the actions, use them, then save the
TIF and take it to the printer, etc.

With Capture One I simply load C1, browse for the RAW file by number,
and click create 16 bit TIFF. All adjustments are remembered and
performed as originally. Note that in most cases Photoshop is not
needed. I can crop, sharpen and adjust images perfectly with C1. Yes,
it even remembers the cropping.