Re: more digital musings

> Canon 10D 3072 by 2048 image camera files:
> JPG - just over 3 megs
> RAW - just over 6 megs with small JPG embedded
> PS files:
> TIFF 8 bit - 16 megs
> TIFF 16 bit - 32 megs

Thanks for the info: yes, no way would I save TIFFs through choice.
The 8-bit per channel version has few advantages ove JPG (very monor
quality wise).
The 16-bit per channel version - well, in the absence of a RAW decoder
it does what you want but really hits you size-wise.

Get the decoder or even write one yourself ;o)

Bob

(maybe) is to be able to record sequences of actions (to get from the
source file to the result) rather than the pro