Inappropriate (in List Manager's opinion) postings on PF

Dear members of the PhotoForum list,

A certain degree of off-topic chatter is quite appropriate and desirable in any
social gathering such as the PhotoForum is on the Internet. However, abusive,
insulting, "gutter language", goading, obnoxious, etc. messages are not
conducive to maintaining a sense of community and common purpose.

Please consider the consequences of your posting when sending a note to the
list. I personally don't believe in "booting members off the list" for
impulsive and what I might perceive as inappropriate behavior and would much
rather this be a list of friends and be self regulated in terms of discussions.
However, given enough provocation I will not hesitate to use the involuntary
signoff prerogative of a member by me.

This is meant to be a service to the teaching and learning and practicing
professional photographic community. It can only remain so with the good will
and cooperation of everyone ... across cultures, nationalities, language,
customs, etc. and so a great deal of patience and community spirit is
necessary to maitain an even keel to this enterprise.

Please help me make this service one that we can all be always proud to have
established and participated in over the years.

Thank you,

Andrew Davidhazy, andpph@rit.edu - PhotoForum on the Internet