Re: Brian Walski Fired

Bob wrote, of the United States, in a moment of
passion, rather than reflection:

>We were born in liberty...

As Bob undoubtedly realizes, one could just as
accurately say that we were born in the slavery of
African Americans and the conquest of Native American
lands and the ethnic cleansing of Native American
people.

He surely knows that millions of Latin Americans (in,
say, Chile), Asians (in, say, Pakistan), and Africans
(in, say, South Africa or Liberia or Zaire/Congo) have
reason to doubt the sincerity of our commitment to
democracy.

Love of country need not blind us to our nation's
faults, in the past or in the present.

--John

=====
J. Mason, Charlottesville, Virginia
New!  Friday Evenings at Eastside Raceway, Photos:
http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/cgi-bin/gallery-x/index.html