Re: Choice of Digiatal Camera

Russ,

I used the E-10 for about a year before switching to a Canon digital SLR for
what I thought would be a better system. And in some ways it is. But I miss
the E-10. It has a SHARP lens. The color is pretty dead on no matter what
the lighting conditions. The exposure is perfect for most scenes, and it has
a functional spot meter for those occasions that require it. For a one lens
camera, Olympus did a great job of putting on a very workable range in its
zoom. And, probably the best thing about it was the weight. It is a light
outfit. As I recall, the lens on that camera was one of the first designed
specifically for a digital camera so it would focus the light on the pixel
array better than most.

 The only downer I found was that the NiCads don't like cold weather. And I
didn't like it for sports, but I don't like sports and only tried it once to
see if it would work. I wasn't pleased.

It will trigger a studio flash (keep the batteries charged) and it is GREAT
for head shots.

Highly recommended.

peace,

rand