Re: Choice of Digiatal Camera

I have had a Minolta Dimage 7 and will not recommend it.  At least for me, the
electronic viewfinder was almost unusable.  Also auto focus at the longer lens
settings was nearly useless.  Minolta even acknowledges that in the manual.  It
has a good lens with the best zoom range and easy to use controls but I sold
mine and bought a Nikon CoolPix 5700 which I find to be much better.  The EVF is
great and the swiveling LCD is a real plus.  You can also use Nikon speedlights
both on and off camera which should mean you can synch with studio lights using
a contact on the hot shoe.  Those are just my views; others may have totally
different feelings about the Minolta versus Nikon.
Don Roberts

Russell Baker wrote:

> Hi Gang..............
>
> Some time this summer I plan on finally buying
> a digital camera., what I am looking at is either
> a used Olympus E 10 or a Minolta DiMage 7.
>
> I seem to favor the E10.
>
> I am going to use this for actors Head Shots
> so the ability to EASIALY use studio flash
> is VERY important!!!!!!
>
> Does anyone have any experience with either camera?
>
> Russ
> R.E. Baker
> Photography
> rebphoto@pronetisp.net

   Don Roberts * Bittersweet Productions * Iowa City, IA
  And the Devil whispered behind the leaves, "It's pretty,
  but is it Art?".   --  Rudyard Kipling