Re: Thanking the LA Times

At 05:46 AM 4/4/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>Bob Blakely wrote:
>
>This is an idiotc, obnoxious and false charge. Neither I, nor anyone I know
>have any desire or "fervor" to kill anyone any more than Britains had a
>fervor for killing many thousands of innocent French when France was
>invaded by the allies. Britains policy was not "fervor" to kill many
>thousands of innocent Germans guilty of no more than trying to defend
>thier country. You are much like the photographer in these discussions.
>Folks say one thing and in your fervor to dump on them, you rearrange
>the words to present a lis. Worse, you add words they've never said and
>attitudes they've never demonstrated.

To be honest, I would find it difficult to write a reasoned response to
posts that Bob has been making here over the last day or so, as his posts
tend to show both a stunning ignorance of the historical record and a
rather profound lack of interest in engaging in rational, respectful
discourse. But let me at least toss out a couple of things just for the
heck of it:

1) when you respond to another poster with the words "iditoic, obnoxious
and false," you tend to appear to embody that description...

2) when you make the claim that "Folks say one thing and in your fervor to
dump on them, you rearrange the words to present a lis [sic]," you are
providing a rather apt description of your own behavoir here...

and, finally,

3) when there are so many outside of the U.S. who criticize the arrogance
exhibited by the U.S. in the international arena, the selective and
self-serving understanding of history that Americans typically display when
it comes to our past actions at home and abroad, and the overly simplistic
nature of our understanding of the world, I fail to see any good reason for
you to go to such great pains to provide them with examples to cite to
bolster their argument...

Keith

	Keith Alan Sprouse / Department of Modern Languages
	176 Hampden-Sydney College / Hampden-Sydney, VA 23943
	(o) 434.223.6335 / (f) 434.223.6347 / (h) 434.244.0465