Why bother?

Good day list members,

I've been in one of my regularly scheduled bouts of depression lately and I was considering giving up photography. I'm not a pro so its not feeding my kids and its really just using up money. So I was wondering if there is some reason, of which I'm not totally aware, to take photos.

Does anybody know of a good non-monetary reason to take photos (other than to record our own lives and the big moments in the kiddies lives?

Greg Fraser