Re: doc: Secure use of iptables and connection tracking helpers

Well, I have to tell my life story if you want to understand what's behind
'Mr-4' and somehow I don't think I will be doing that. If you really need to
place me in the list of authors, just put me simply as 'Mr-4' (or Mr Dash Four
- your choice) - that will suffice, thank you.

"Suggestion" usually means the striving to use real-world names, as are mandated in other places, e.g. kernel's DCO (Developer's Certificate of Origin).
The decision whether to use my "real-world name", as you put it, is solely mine and nobody else's. If I call myself "Mr John 'Crazy Horse' Stockton" instead of "Mr Dash Four" would that make you feel better? Besides, if you really, really must know - my alias *is* used in the Linux kernel's contributions list and people happily accepted that.

To conclude this, I haven't asked my name to be put in the co-authors (or any other) list of Eric's work and I won't be upset/angry/whatever if I am omitted from it. As I already indicated to him - I was happy to help (it was a good mental exercise on a Saturday morning, not to mention that it was educational for me too), so, for me, that's that.