Re: App-Manager failure

Hi,

ext Mark Haury wrote:
> Has either of them tried to flash the tablet?

I think only power users do that.  So called normal users would
probably go to a Nokia service point...?

> Had an update fail?

I think the SSU related bugs in the pre-installed packages can
be triggered only(?) by changes people have done from the command
line, like removing the pre-defined folders, doing symlinks,
removing/replacing packages not visible in application manager.

Because of this Nokia testing hadn't catched them.  We of course are
interested about power user problems and try to fix them, but the
testing effort naturally concentrates to what normal people can and
do with the devices.

> Frankly,
> they've just been lucky so far. Sooner or later there's going to be a problem
> they can't fix, and it's going to be up to you to deal with it. Either that, or
> they're never going to do an update or upgrade, and could just as well be using
> a PalmOS device, because they're not using any of the features or apps unique to
> the tablets.

Quality of the 3rd party software rests mostly with the community
and that will hopefully get better with time. :-)

	- Eero