Re: Postal address in Contacts?

On Sat, 2008-06-21 at 21:04 -0600, Mark Haury wrote:
> You still have not responded to the the main problem, which is that
> sync is not and never will be as flexible as import and export, and in
> some cases is absolutely, positively impossible.

I didn't see a contradiction here and thus didn't reply to that point.

If sync works, its a lot more convenient and powerful than manual
import/export (two-way, incremental sync!). Some users prefer such a
solution and therefore invest the initial effort of setting it up. I
definitely prefer it and therefore write software which makes it
possible.

You seem to disagree or prefer the simplicity of import/export. You are
also willing to invest the extra effort to keep your different databases
consistent manually. That's fine, too.

The whole point is that these are different approaches with different
constraints and advantages/disadvantages. Everyone should choose for
himself which solution is possible for him and more desirable.

--
Bye, Patrick Ohly