Re: Postal address in Contacts?

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 10:13 AM, Uwe Kaminski <jukey@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:> Am Donnerstag, den 19.06.2008, 09:04 -0600 schrieb Mark:>> On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 2:10 AM, Uwe Kaminski <jukey@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:>> > So I don't would agree if somebody says the contacts application is very>> > poor. It's like a small flower which has to grow. And yes, it would grow>> > faster if the contacts application would be open source.>> >>> > Ciao Uwe>>>> You're contradicting yourself and missing the point. If the>> application weren't so poor, it wouldn't *need* to grow. And if>> Pimlico does indeed use the exact same database, then clearly there is>> something going on here that is not aboveboard, and Contacts is>> deliberately crippled rather than simply a first effort.> > Where is the problem? There is an back-end (the db) wich supports more> than the standard front-end application could display. So choose an> other flower from the bouquet of available applications.>> The other way round (less db fields; more fields like postal adress in> the apps) would be much more worse.>> Ciao Uwe>
There are two problems:1) Whether Nokia wants to admit it or not, the tablets need a *good*PIM out of the box. Developers apparently don't need real PIMs, butconsumers do. It doesn't qualify as a consumer device without it.2) If you're willing to enter all your data by hand, or edit each andevery imported field in order clean up the records, then gpe-contactsand Pimlico are great. However, if you need good import/exportfunctionality, you're screwed regardless of which app you use, andthat includes the built-in Contacts app.
I have over 400 records (with many fields) that I need to transfer to& from my N800, so I definitely fall under the category of "you'rescrewed".