Re: Postal address in Contacts?

Am Mittwoch, den 18.06.2008, 08:08 -0700 schrieb George Farris:
> > The point being that the N800 Contacts app is so anaemic that it makes no sense
> > to use it. It's a cheap plastic toy - sorry.
>
> As a user of the N800 I have to hardily agree with this.  The contacts
> app is very poor.

That was my opinion too. But than I found some tuning solutions.

First of all I want to say that the search option in the contacts
application is very nice: incremental search over all fields

Modest, pimlico contacts and the normal contacts application are all
using the *same* database. So its no problem to add new mail addresses
via modest or have a look for postal adresses via pimlico contacts.

Next step would be synchronisation: Thats possible and works fine with
syncevolution. I use scheduleworld.com as internetdatabase for contacts
and so I'm able to sync the adresses of my mobile, my desktop-computers
and my n800.

A few month ago I installed the rtcomm beta release. After this a lot of
IM services where selectable and I could use my normal home voip account
on the tablet! I received calls to my home telephone on my n800 in the
train while commuting. The contacts application was used by the
messenger and voip-application.

So I don't would agree if somebody says the contacts application is very
poor. It's like a small flower which has to grow. And yes, it would grow
faster if the contacts application would be open source.

Ciao Uwe

Links:
pimlico contacts:
http://www.pimlico-project.org/contacts.html