Re: Lock, sleep, power-down

Hi,

ext David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
>> It does also some other similar things, but basically it should be
>> idle as should hald-* processes.
>
> Thanks.  I seem to get various processes eating immense amounts of time
> and memory when the tablet gets into wonky states, but I haven't found
> what *triggers* it yet.

>>  >>
>>> Good idea.  You could also try to pull the card(s) out and see if you
>>> still get 50% CPU usage.
>
> The card checked out okay on windows, and the files all seem valid.  I've
> reflashed, and installed even less than before (I'm putting things back
> one at a time and waiting a while, to see when weirdness begins).
>
> I haven't had one of the weird sluggish episodes (which is when I found
> the various processes eating so much time) yet, but I do have the battery
> running down in ways I don't understand.  Also I'll lock the screen and
> put it down,

You should try using "Offline mode" from the power menu. Presence thing
in statusbar uses WLAN now and then, there are also some WLAN APs with
bad power management.

If that doesn't help, then you could try closing all applications
if you've left any open and disabling all Home applets.   As you
don't have really much 3rd party stuff installed, that shouldn't
be an issue though, but if it affects things, we can go through
things you had open/enabled.

> and when I push power the next day get what I think is a boot
> (does the progress bar go across the bottom of the Nokia logo screen for
> anything except a real boot?).

Only for real boot.

> So far all I've installed since the reflash (with what I remember as 51-3
> of OS2008) is OpenSsh and FBREADER.  I'm in the middle of a book in
> FBREADER, so that's the key application at the moment :-).
>
>> Good idea.  One could also check what "dmesg" says, whether it shows
>> anything suspicious.
>
> Good point, should have looked at that before.  I'll keep that in mind in
> future (tablet is at home, I'm at work now).

	- Eero