Re: Lock, sleep, power-down

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 9:45 AM, Eero Tamminen <eero.tamminen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You should try using "Offline mode" from the power menu. Presence thing
> in statusbar uses WLAN now and then, there are also some WLAN APs with
> bad power management.
>
> If that doesn't help, then you could try closing all applications
> if you've left any open and disabling all Home applets.   As you
> don't have really much 3rd party stuff installed, that shouldn't
> be an issue though, but if it affects things, we can go through
> things you had open/enabled.
>
>        - Eero

I often have mine plugged in when I'm using it, and turn it off at
night or if I won't be using it for several hours. I've been following
this thread with interest, since I tend not to get much battery life
if I don't do it that way. I decided to do a little "test" on Sunday,
so I turned it on first thing in the morning, and never turned it off
all day. When I wasn't using it, I closed all open applications, put
it in offline mode, and locked the keys and touchscreen. When I went
to bed, the power meter said that it had 3 hours "when in use" and 5
days "when idle". When I got up the next morning, the battery was
completely down and the tablet had shut completely off. When I plugged
it in, I verified the settings, and they were indeed as I reported
above. Something is definitely not right.

The price that Nokia is charging for replacement batteries is highway
robbery, and prohibitive to have one just for a spare, which is what I
normally do with my cellphone. I swap batteries in my phone regularly
to keep the batteries fresh and active.

Mark