Re: Lock, sleep, power-down

Marius Gedminas wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 06, 2008 at 10:14:27PM -0500, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
>
>> I'm voting for software.  I see ke-recv occupying >50% of cpu and >25%
>> of memory when "nothing is happening" (it's connected to local wifi, no
>> web browser open) and hald-addon-<something> occupying >50% of memory.
>>

> If I'm not mistaken, ke-recv is the thing that mounts SD cards.  It
> shouldn't eat >50% CPU for any longer period of time.  Interesting.  I'd
> check if the card were properly seated, and I'd check the filesystem on the
> card (I believe it's possible to corrupt a FAT filesystem and end up
> with recursive directory loops).

Thanks, will do.  I think I'm going to reflash it (there's not that much
to reconfigure), as well.  Though I suppose I should check the card
format first, on the principle of perturbing as close to exactly one
thing as possible between tests.

What's the best way to check the card format?  Checkdisk on Windows
through my card reader?  Or are the right tools there on the N800?  I
can look for those.

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info