Re: Lock, sleep, power-down

On Wed, Jun 04, 2008 at 12:07:49PM -0500, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
> On Tue, June 3, 2008 07:53, Marius Gedminas wrote:
> > The device is very good at seamless power savings, but it's possible to
> > install buggy applications that aren't smart enough to sleep when they
> > should and drain the battery faster.
>
> Something like that may be going on, though I haven't installed very much.
> I'm assuming the application would have to be running to make a
> difference?

Yes.

> Yesterday I started the day fully charged,

Do you mean that the battery icon showed full charge, or that you kept
it charging overnight and the charging animation stopped?

In my experience the battery icon is very nonlinear: you use the tablet
for 4 hours, it shows full charge, then it starts showing less and in 2
more hours of active usage it runs out completely.  (The numbers are
approximate.)

> and it spent the day in my
> shoulder bag, and when I unlocked it near bedtime to read for a little
> while (not having touched it since I took it off the charger in the
> morning),

Ah, okay, so you answered my question. ;-)

> the battery was down to 3 days standby, 1 hour active.

That's not normal.

Marius Gedminas
--
MCSE == Minesweeper Consultant / Solitaire Expert