Re: Lock, sleep, power-down

On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 09:26:31AM -0500, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
> >> and it spent the day in my
> >> shoulder bag, and when I unlocked it near bedtime to read for a little
> >> while (not having touched it since I took it off the charger in the
> >> morning), the battery was down to 3 days standby, 1 hour active.
> >
> > That's not normal.
>
> And relating to the ongoing integration -- possibly I'm seeing drastically
> shortened battery life from having both wifi and bluetooth enabled.  Since
> they're alternative connection profiles I think it should only use one at
> a time, but maybe it doesn't.

No: I have both bluetooth and wifi enabled (and autoconnecting to any
known access points).  My tablet is normally not discoverable over
Bluetooth, for security-by-obscurity purposes.  The battery life is
normal: if I don't use it the whole day, it still shows 100% in the
applet.

I've heard that there are some wifi accesspoints that don't support
power savings properly, and make the tablet use much more power when
connected.

Marius Gedminas
--
<AdamV> SamB: PHP's basic control structure is the "database
        timeout error".                       -- from Twisted.Quotes