new abituguru driver in mm kernel

Sunil Kumar wrote:
> bad news: module re-compile is not the issue. The problem came back.
>
> And this time I know why. This problem happens when I stop sensors, rmmod
> the module, suspend2 to disk, resume from the swap image and modprobe the
> module. After sometime, these messages start appearing in the log.
>
> Is there anything that you want me to enable for debugging purposes, so
> that
> we can capture more information when it happens next time? I can almost
> always reproduce it with suspend resume cycle.

Hmm,

After suspend/resume does it happen just once/twice, or does it happen
regulary after suspend / resume.

My current guess is that the uguru is no longer in what Olle and I have
named "ready" state after a suspend / resume. If that is the problem
then I need to find out howto add a suspend/resume handler to the driver
and on resume mark the uguru as not ready (1 line of code in the handler
:), then the driver will force it into ready state before trying to talk
to it.

Regards,

Hans