new abituguru driver in mm kernel

Sunil Kumar wrote:
> Ok, now another problem. Some of the times the module loads fine during
> bootup but sensors reports that
>
> $ sensors
> Can't access procfs/sysfs file
> Unable to find i2c bus information;
> For 2.6 kernels, make sure you have mounted sysfs and libsensors
> was compiled with sysfs support!
> For older kernels, make sure you have done 'modprobe i2c-proc'!
>
> If I rmmod abituguru and modprobe it again, it works. I will rebuild the
> module and see if it helps.
>
> The fallout of this is that gkrellm forgets about my sensors permanently. I
> have to re-enable them and re-assign the labels etc....:(

Yes, this is because the module loads, but the driver part of it doesn't
(new driver model, where drivers can be registered without actually
handling any devices, so they can be bound to hotplug devices lateR).

The driver part probably fails to load because it happens to run into
those errors you report during the initialisation fase. Strange though
as during init it retries all things 3 times, which goes to show that
indeed your uGuru is unwilling to talk for a while, as seen before with
early uGurus, what motherboard do you have. Lemme gues one out of this
list? : AI7, KV8-MAX3, AN7

Regards,

Hans