new abituguru driver in mm kernel

Sunil Kumar wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> I am seeing these messages in the dmesg:
>
> abituguru: timeout exceeded waiting for ready state
> abituguru: timeout exceeded waiting for ready state
> abituguru: timeout exceeded waiting for read state (bank: 34, sensor: 15)
> abituguru: CMD reg does not hold 0xAC after ready command
> abituguru: timeout exceeded waiting for read state (bank: 38, sensor: 2)
> abituguru: timeout exceeded waiting for ready state

Hmm, were these messages close together in time, or now and then a message?

> I am not sure if they are related to a freeze I saw today. My machine
> wasn't
> being used and when I came back, it was frozen.

I seriously doubt the freeze and these messages are related. The uGuru
only uses 2 io ports todo all communication with the outside. So reading
the ports doesn't always get you the same register there is a sortoff
network protocol which you speak over the ports. These messages mean
that the uGuru failed to response within a reasonable time. Unfortunate
on some uGuru's this is quite normal. It seems the older the
Motherboard, the more often this happens (iow the buggier the uGuru
firmware).

Regards,

Hans