Re: Now Fixed: Archlinux Speakup problems after alsa package upgrade

Alexander Epaneshnikov writes:
> On Tue, Dec 28, 2021 at 05:40:21PM -0500, Janina Sajka wrote:
> > Yes, I seem to have a full compliment of pw on the older machine, and
> > the same set of pw on the newer machine.
>
> strange. I think espeakup will not work if pw is inuse.

I have 0.90 on the newer machine and 0.80 on the older machine, both
working perfectly well. Perhaps pipewire is just piping alsa calls?

> > Interestingly, the files in /etc/alsa/conf.d/ are different. The new
> > machine shows only two files there:
> >
> > 50-pipewire.conf
> > 99-pipewire-default.conf
> >
> > On the older machine, earlier today, I tried renumber my alsa devices
> > via /etc/modprobe.d/alsa.conf. I ended up putting things back the way
> > they were, because the builtin Intel HDA device doesn't work as card 0
> > for some reason--very strange, but I adjusted some time ago to start
> > numbering my three devices as 1, 2 and 3.  So, after I put things back,
> > a see much more pw in that directory:
> >
> > 10-samplerate.conf
> > 10-speexrate.conf
> > 50-arcam-av-ctl.conf
> > 50-jack.conf
> > 50-oss.conf
> > 50-pipewire.conf
> > 50-pulseaudio.conf
> > 60-speex.conf
> > 60-upmix.conf
> > 60-vdownmix.conf
> > 98-usb-stream.conf
> > 99-pipewire-default.conf
> >

> > This suggests to me that the conversion to pw is still a work in
> > progress!
> >
> > I've no idea why the above is the situation, though, or what packages
> > handle what aspect.
>
> you can use pacman -Qo /path/to/file to check which package owns this file.
oThanks! Just did that and reinstalled alsa-plugins as well as pipewire.
I now have the full compliment of scripts in that directory.

Janina

--

Janina Sajka
(she/her/hers)