Maybe An Odd DecTalk Sequence?

Hi All: After restarting, I advanced from Debian 5.10 to 5.15 03 in SID I was having issues with flush time which I think could have been set as lo as 10, but now only 100, slight perceptible difference when cursoring line-by-line. Anyway, now after either typing or reading an individual capitalized letter, the next charictor even if a space says p along with whats there. So if it were a capital i followed by space, it would say I p space. Unless this is some weird charictor set issue, I suppose it would be a setting in the DecTalk drivers. I am also figuring its related to DecTalk as my laptop, same kernel, but no issues in Voxin. Thanks so much in advance for any suggestions.
Chime