Re: Now Fixed: Archlinux Speakup problems after alsa package upgrade

Didier Spaier writes:
> Hi Janina and all,
>
> On 28/12/2021 17:26, Janina Sajka wrote:
> >
> > Apparently there must be some kind of reason why Espeakup can't be
> > agnostic between espeak and espeak-ng?
>
> espeakup is linked against the shared library installed at time of building it.
>
> Here:
> dance[~]$ ldd /usr/bin/espeakup | grep libespeak
> 	libespeak-ng.so.1 => /usr/lib64/libespeak-ng.so.1 (0x00007f290df83000)

Thanks, Didier. This does make sense.

> My guess is you will find libespeak.so.1 instead running the same command.
>
> So you need to rebuild espeakup-0.90 after having removed espeak and installed
> espeak-ng only.

Are you saying I need to run ldd by hand? I thought the installation
process upgrading from 80 to 90 would take care of the ldd?

It's true I did not run an ldd when I tried to upgrade my older machine
to espeak-ng and espeakup-0.90.

Best,

Janina

--