Re: Archlinux Speakup problems after alsa package upgrade

Hi, All:

Just returning to this topic to add my own experience on updating my
Arch Linux installation on two machines over the weekend.

I also ran into problems that rendered Speakup unusable with espeakup.
Reverting alsa-lib fixed the Speakup issue. As we don't know how long
the problem may persist, I've added the following to my
/etc/pacman.conf:

IgnorePkg   =alsa-lib

I also discovered problems with alsa-util packages. A command as
straight forward as:

amixer controls

returned meaningless results. Further, several of my audio devices were
silent with volumes set to 0, and the switch set to "false." So, I also
added a line like the above for alsa-utils.

Not sure how to be helpful to anyone interested in debugging, but I do
have two machines and am willing to try. Please advise.

Best,

Janina

--

Janina Sajka