Re: A curiosity about multi-user systems?

Hi All,

Are you sure that the pcspkr kernel module is loaded?

Cheers,
Didier

Le 25/02/2021 à 14:24, Cleverson Casarin Uliana a écrit :
Hi Chris, Michal et al.

Last year, I wanted to buy a laptop capable of beeping, at least during boot. My first intention was actually to buy a NUC mini-computer made by Intel, but there was no way I could find correct information whether it would be able to beep,. Then after asking on some mailing lists, I was informed that laptops from HP and Lenovo were capable of beeping, so I ended up buying an HP with basic specs. It is indeed able to beep during boot using grub2, but curiously, it doesn't beep from within Linux, e.g. using the beep program, and I was not able to locate any beep related volume control inside alsaMixer.

Afterall, each manufacturer certainly has its own proprietary hardware weirdness...

Greetings,
Cleverson