Re: A curiosity about multi-user systems?

Hi, Didier:

I should maybe clarify that I'm thinking of my own personal environment.
I live alone. I do not work in an office, Though I currently work for one of the
larger companies on the planet, I use their VPN on the laptop they
provided--not Linux.

I understand about multi-user console environments, but I can't think of
any company, university department, whatever, adopting those today. Even
were one to construct such a thing today, it's unlikely it would use
dumb terminals.

Far more likely, imo, is personalized cloud-based logins. Even here the
local terminal is likely a full PC (Mac, whatever) where there are
unlikely to be multiple logins.

If we instead think of a LAN for the family, I can see multiple users,
but still not based on console logins but rather on graphical logins.

Do you disagree?

Janina

--

Janina Sajka