Re: Problem with dosemu

jankomEarthlink wrote:
> CASE CLOSED, DOSEMU WORKS NOW!
fine!

>> 2) Your error message: '"/usr/share/dosemu/Xfonts": error scanning'
>> is perhaps caused by fc-cache problem. What You obtain on command:
>> fc-cache -v -f /usr/share/dosemu/Xfonts
> /usr/share/dosemu/Xfonts: caching, new cache contents: 2 fonts, 0 dirs
> /usr/local/var/cache/fontconfig: cleaning cache directory
> /root/.cache/fontconfig: not cleaning non-existent cache directory
> /root/.fontconfig: not cleaning non-existent cache directory
> fc-cache: succeeded

You should still make 'fc-cache -v -f' (without trailing path) for
make sure that the 'error scanning' error is gone.

>> It should be successfull and in '/usr/share/dosemu/Xfonts' directory
>> should be created (empty) file 'fonts.cache-1'.
>> You should also verify dosemu RPM package right installation by cmd:
>> rpm -V dosemu
>> On my PC it produce only one line (which is OK):
>> .......T.   /usr/share/dosemu/Xfonts/fonts.dir
> My system produces no output.
>> Also, are You using xfs - X font server?
> Yes, see more below.
>>
>> Maybe You have somehow broken Your system - e.g. missing some files
>> or directories, bad ownership or permissions on them etc.
>> You can verify it by 'rpm -Va' command. This should not produce any
>> serious problems (it is necessary assessed output individually).
> rpm -Va xfs produces no output,

'rpm -Va xfs' is bad command. You must use 'rpm -V xorg-x11-xfs' for
to verify Xorg xfs font server package, or 'rpm -Va' to verify all
packages in whole system. And usually there are some 'errors' printed,
even if everything is in order - mostly are reported changed config
files (changed size, timestamp, md5/sha1 checksum etc.)

Franta