Re: Problem with dosemu

Hi Frantisek,

This is an update.

No progress. Dosemu is not working.

Your rpm loads, dosemu command produces a black screen with a white block cursor and no prompt. It is unresponsive.

Compiled 1.4 produces white screen and no prompt It is unresponsive, Ctr-C will stop it and brings me back to bash prompt.

No error messages in either case. Please note that I installed rpm to a clean system, i.e. no dosemu files or directories. Also, before compiling 1.4 I uninstalled rpm and cleaned out dosemu files and dierctories, so again, started with a clean system.

I saw nothing in log files, so I don't know how to proceed and find out what is going on. I checked processes running on the 1.4 installation: ps before and whiledosemu was running. See below:

[apu@Andraslinux ~]$ su -c "ps -e > psb4dosemu.txt"
Password:
[apu@Andraslinux ~]$ dosemu &
[1] 27554
[apu@Andraslinux ~]$ su -c "ps -e > psWdosemu.txt"
Password:
[apu@Andraslinux ~]$ kill 27554
[apu@Andraslinux ~]$ diff psb4dosemu.txt psWdosemu.txt
67,68d66
< 27410 ?        00:00:00 kio_http
< 27412 ?        00:00:00 kio_http
71,73c69,72
< 27532 pts/1    00:00:00 su
< 27537 pts/1    00:00:00 bash
< 27538 pts/1    00:00:00 ps
---
> 27554 pts/1    00:00:24 dosemu.bin
> 27577 pts/1    00:00:00 su
> 27584 pts/1    00:00:00 bash
> 27585 pts/1    00:00:00 ps
[1]+  Terminated              dosemu
[apu@Andraslinux ~]$

Note: I can run dosbox through ssh from another linux installation. I would like to run dosemu from my own system.

Can you or anybody else help to debug the situation?

Thanks,

Janos