Re: Unwatchable channels and strange behaviour of Hauppauge Nova-T Stick (update)

José Oliver Segura wrote:
      Update: a simple experiment with this mux reveals (I think)
that there's no problem with the signal strenght or mpeg stream, but
with the driver. Experiment is simple: whenever this problem appears
(can't tune "TVE 1" -> mplayer time out + femon shows missing "V" bit
in status), I just need to "rmmod dvb_usb_dib0700" and "modprobe
dvb_usb_dib0700" and then everything works again... (maybe I'm to
simple, but I think this restricts the problem to a software problem)
I have exactly the same problem with some channels here in the UK. My stick works fine to watch TV using xine, but occasionally when I try to switch channels the whole display just sits there black. If I quit xine, remove and replug the usb stick (or use rmmod and modprobe), then re-run xine it all bursts into life.

No idea if this does mean its a software problem, but thought I'd let people know.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions? I'm happy to help with testing if needed.

Or should I just give up and buy a different card / install windows?