Re: Unwatchable channels and strange behaviour of Hauppauge Nova-T Stick (update)

On 12/18/06, Luca Olivetti <luca@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
En/na José Oliver Segura ha escrit:

> If you whant me to
> get some numbers for some channels, just let me know (I think I have
> visual contact with Collserola tower, my flat is just in the middle of
> Gracia, beside Plaza del Sol)

I think numbers are meaningless when using different cards, the
interesting fact is that you are more or less at the same distance
(actually a couple of kms less) than me and have lots of problem with
the TVE mux with the same tuner (btw, in my case enabling spurcheck
makes no difference at all).

      I'm also starting to think that some numbers are also
meaningless when using the same card, because I've found no
relationship among signal strenght reported by femon or tzap and the
quality of visualization (i.e.  I can watch perfectly some channels
with low signal, and can't watch some other with higher signal values)

      Anyway, as you said, the interesting point is that the TVE mux
seems to be a problematic one doesn't matter wich location/card (only
being important using the native windows driver or the linux one in my
case). I don't know if this can give us any clue to start doing some
research (once some days ago I was convinced that Higher frequencies
where causing reception problems but, again, today I've found that it
doesn't matter: I can watch channels transmitted at higher
frequencies)

      Just to inform you: in my case, SPURCHECK doesn't make any
differnce also.

      Best,
      Jose