Re: Unwatchable channels and strange behaviour of Hauppauge Nova-T Stick (update)

En/na José Oliver Segura ha escrit:

      Anyway, as you said, the interesting point is that the TVE mux
seems to be a problematic one doesn't matter wich location/card (only
being important using the native windows driver or the linux one in my
case). I don't know if this can give us any clue to start doing some
research (once some days ago I was convinced that Higher frequencies
where causing reception problems but, again, today I've found that it
doesn't matter: I can watch channels transmitted at higher
frequencies)

Another "interesting" thing with the TVE mux: I'm not sure I'm correctly managing the performance counters of my usb stick, but basically there are 2 post viterbi counters: an "abort count" (i.e. uncorrectable packets) and an "error count " (number of error bits). By touching the screen on the coaxial cable I managed to keep both counters at 0, still the image is full of artifacts. I remember seeing the same on some satellite channels: no uncorrectable errors but still there are many artifacts. Maybe they're using some non standard mpeg encoding (that both xine and mplayer are unable to handle)?

Bye
--
Luca